Thursday, January 13, 2011

ME AND MY SISTER ON THE BLACK ICE OF WINTER

me and my sister on the black ice of winter

by Bob Reuter on Friday, December 17, 2010 at 12:44am




dark dark dark - the world's a sheet of black ice tonight

i got this friend, a black guy, told me he came home one winter night and his chickens were layin dead in the yard. said he didnt know they'd die

said he always gets rid of'em now in the fall

us city folks dont know shit about chickens, we learn it as we go - like learnin bout cars as each part breaks down

somebody told me today

my older sister

said she never really knew me

stopped me cold

felt like a chicken frozen on the black ice ground

that whole track of dirt

round the spike in the middle of the yard

that holds the chain hooked to the old dog's collar

feel like that ol'dog

that orbits that spike

spike

patches of grass

orbiting dirt track

never let that dog come in

never really got to know'im













No comments:

Post a Comment